Bernie Walsh, Local Studies Department, Carlow Library Headquarters, Tullow Street, Carlow.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 059 9129709
(Resources are for research purposes only).
Bernie Walsh. Professional Genealogist and Tutor (photo courtesy of Carlow Library).
Carlow Genealogy provides a professional research service for those wishing to learn about their ancestry in the county of Carlow. The Genealogy Service is based in the local studies department of Carlow Library Headquarters, Tullow Street, Carlow.
The Genealogy Service is run by Bernie Walsh, Professional Genealogist and Tutor, and is available on Tuesday and Wednesdays (local studies department) by appointment only. This is a fee paying service.
Our local studies service encompasses all aspects of society and culture from the earliest times within a defined local area. The collection comprises of printed sources, journals, periodicals, newspaper on microfilm, and on computer. Websites, maps, photographs, prints and drawings. All of our resources are available for research purposes only.
Carlow Local Studies have the following resources available:-
- Trade Directories
- Carlow Photographs – Lawrence Collection
- Down Survey Maps 1654 to 1656
- Moland’s Maps of Carlow 1703
- Columbine’s Maps of Carlow 1735
- Laurie & Whittle’s Maps of Carlow 1798
- Ordnance Survey Maps 1st Edition 1839
- Griffiths Valuation Maps c1853
- Ordnance Survey Maps of Carlow Edition c1875
- Topographical Dictionary of Ireland Vol 1 and Vol 2
- The Parliamentary Gazetteer of Ireland Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3
- Plotbox ( maps and lists of graveyards in Carlow/headstones)
- Local Newspapers
- Irish Newspaper Archives (subscription)
- Carloviana Journal 1947 – 2018