Unlock Your Irish Ancestry:
Register for an Online Genealogy Course Today!
Take the time this winter to further explore your family history, gain a better understanding of the archives and genealogical sources in Ireland and find your elusive Irish and Scots-Irish ancestors.
Ulster Historical Foundation’s upcoming online Irish Genealogy Essentials course offers everything you will need to know about specific aspects and topics in Irish genealogy and will provide you with the tools and information needed to further explore your Irish family history.
- **New for 2023**: Get the chance to sit down and have a virtual one-to-one consultation with one of Ulster Historical Foundation’s genealogists. During the consultation you will receive personal research advice and guidance from an experienced member of our dedicated team who will use their knowledge and archival experience to try to help solve your family tree puzzle. The personal consultations will be scheduled once the course has concluded.
- Explore Your Roots from Anywhere: The beauty of this online course is that it can be accessed from the comfort of your home, regardless of where you are in the world. No need to travel or make time-consuming visits to archives and libraries; we bring Ireland’s history and your ancestors to your fingertips.
- Learn from the Experts: Irish Genealogy Essentials is led by seasoned genealogists and researchers who have the knowledge and expertise to break down any brick walls you may have encountered and assist you in your family history research.
- Comprehensive Programme: This course consists of 21 pre-recorded lectures (over 28 hours of content) on essential topics relating to Irish genealogical research. Topics include: Irish land divisions; Church Records; Landed estate papers; Census substitutes; and much more.
- Interactive Discussions: Engage in lively discussions and ask questions to the course lecturers during the different Q and A sessions that will be scheduled during the programme. Connect with a like-minded community, ask questions, and learn from one another.
- Practical Skills: This course doesn’t just give you information; it equips you with practical skills. You’ll learn how to critically analyze sources, and discover how to navigate the challenges of Irish family history research
- Take the First Step: Don’t let the ‘apparent’ complexities of Irish genealogy deter you. Register today and gain the knowledge and confidence you need to tackle your research projects effectively.
- Cost: Priced at £374.99 this Irish Genealogy Essentials online course takes all the key components of Ulster Historical Foundations normal in-person courses and makes them available digitally
- EXTENDED Course Dates: 22 November 2023 – 31 January 2024 (previously scheduled to end on 17 January 2024)