Fitzpatrick Society Scholar $500.00 prize
The Fitzpatrick – Mac Giolla Phádraig Clan Society was founded in Dublin, Ireland in 1993 and has since grown to be a worldwide community of individuals who are interested in all things Fitzpatrick. Communication is mainly online, and we have possibly the largest family name community on the Internet – https://fitzpatricksociety.com/
The Society recognises a scholar based on an outstanding recently written contribution submitted in competition. The purpose of this recognition is to encourage the study of four themes – the history, heritage, culture and tradition of the Fitzpatrick nation. Each year the recognised scholar will be referred to as the Fitzpatrick Society Scholar or simply the Fitzpatrick Scholar and will receive a purse of $500.00.
- Entries must be received by 31 March in year of competition and the scholar’s name will be announced 11 June each year.
- The competition will be adjudicated by Senator David Norris acting as single judge supported by a panel selected by the Committee.
- An entry should consist of no less than 2000 typed words on any of the four themes which demonstrates scholarly research, reporting and understanding and must not have been previously published. Entries should be of a publishable standard and fully cited and referenced.
- The competition is open to all members and membership is simple and free. See joining instructions below.
- A minimum of three (3) entries is required for the competition to take place.
- The committee will retain discretion to determine if the standard is acceptable and may decide, as circumstances dictate, to announce no scholar.
- An unsuccessful submission may be resubmitted for competition in the first year following its initial submission.
- A condition of the competition is the right of the Society to publish any of the entries in the Society publications with due acknowledgement. All entries will remain the intellectual property of the author.
- Separate from the competition for the Fitzpatrick Scholar, should a meritorious contribution be submitted by a scholar aged under 18 on 31 March in year of competition, the panel may recommend that a special award be made in recognition of a Fitzpatrick Junior Scholar.
Entries should be submitted to: The Fitzpatrick – Mac Giolla Phádraig Clan Society
To join the Fitzpatrick – Mac Giolla Phádraig Clan Society mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the message:
subscribe fitzpatrick-clan your_firstname your_lastname
Leave the Subject Line blank. Sign-up is free and can be unsubscribed at any time.