The Gathering Ireland 2013
Please see below a list of events taking place in each county as featured on The Gathering 2013 website.
- Return to the Cradle of Irish Presbyterianism - 16-21 Sep 2013 - Click Here for more information.
- Ulster History & Genealogy Summer School - 24-29 June 2013 - Click Here for more information.
- Crossing Borders - A conference exploring some of the features of the borderland counties of Cavan, Monaghan, Fermanagh, Tyrone and Meath.12-15 Sep 2013 - Click Here for more information.
- The North Tipperary Genealogy Centre will host a number of 'Genealogy Lectures' and Historic Events during 2013. Starting in March to coincide with St. Patrick's Day and again in July and August and September. Please check www.tipperary.com and www.rootsireland.ie for an update on specific details nearer the time.
- Swords Girls’ School c1949 - If you see yourself or your sister or friend in the photo, please get in touch. Click here to read more
- Trace your Ancestors at the Irish National Stud, Kildare
The Irish National Stud, in association with Kildare Genealogy, is providing Genealogy Advisory sessions on selected Thursday afternoons to celebrate The Gathering 2013. Ms. Karel Kiely, genealogist, will be in attendance at the Irish National Stud & Gardens to advise visitors on how to trace their ancestors. Further details of start date to follow. Appointments are necessary and may be booked through Frieda O’ Connell at the Irish National Stud +353 45 520 001 or Tom Mc Cutcheon at Kildare Town Heritage Centre +353 45 530 672
- Kilkenny Conference - 'Emigration through the centuries' 2-4 April 2013 - Click Here for more Information. You can also Click Here to download the brochure and registration form.
- Roots Festival 2013 - Plans for the Leitrim Roots Festival 2013 have been finalised. Full details of the programme are available on our website www.leitrimrootsfestival.com. Remember if you wish to avail of the early booking discount of 10% you must book before the end of January 2013.
- Emigrant Trail Tour - 19-24 May 2013 (plus others) - Click Here for more information.
- Mayo North Heritage Centre Family History Open Afternoon Tuesday July 23 2-5pm.
Family History Open Afternoon as part of Crossmolina's community festival, July 2013. Come and see the work we do at the centre and how to trace your own roots!
The Mayo North Heritage Centre will host an event in conjunction with the Crossmolina Community Festival, which is to take place at the end of July 2013. The festival acts as a focal point for people from the Crossmolina area to come home and visit the area. The centre will hold an open afternoon during the festival where people can call, learn about genealogical research and the work of the centre. They can have some research done on their own family by members of staff. It is hoped the event will be of particular interest to people from the local area who have moved away over the decades. For more information contact Brendan : firstname.lastname@example.org 00353 96 31809
- The Gathering Meath Roots - 13-16 June 2013 - Click Here for more information.