The Genealogy Event will take place on 2nd and 3rd September 2016 at Fitzgerald’s Woodlands House Hotel, Adare, Co. Limerick
Folklore, Irish Convicts, Landed Gentry & More!
The countdown begins to this September’s conference in Adare. Each day the conference will begin daily at 9:30AM and run through to 4:20PM on each of the Friday and Saturday. With a combination of 30MIN and 40MIN talks, 18 talks are planned – so ample learning opportunities – with a number of social and cultural events as well. A conference summary is below, with a more detailed program viewable here.
THURSDAY 1st SEPT: SPECIAL EVENTS
11:00AM – 2:00PM – (Interest List) Nenagh Castle & Town Tour, with Lunch
6:00PM – 8:00PM – Welcome Reception and Special Presentation by Limerick Genealogy
An evening reception with a special presentation by Limerick Genealogy: Roots of the Rising: Family Histories of Ned Daly and Con Colbert
SPECIAL EVENT: 5:30PM – 10:00PM – Country House History & Tour with Evening Dinner, Longueville House, Co. Cork
FRIDAY 2 SEPT: DAY 1: CONFERENCE
9:30AM – 10:00AM – Getting Started on Genealogy: Tracing the Irish Roots of Mary T Fisher, a lady’s companion in Boston in 1880s.
10:10AM – 10:50AM – Valuation Records
11:00AM – 11:40AM – Glasnevin Cemetery
11:50AM – 12:20PM – Shipping Records and their Usefulness When Searching for Your Ancestors (& Lunch A)
12:30PM – 1:00PM – Sources from Glucksman Library’s Special Collections, University of Limerick’ (& Lunch B)
1:10PM – 1:50PM – National Folklore Collection
2:00PM – 2:40PM – Immigration
2:50PM – 3:30PM – National Archives: Overview
3:50PM – 4:20PM – Creating Family Trees
SAT. 3 SEPT. DAY 2 – CONFERENCE
9:30AM – 10:00AM – Handwriting Interpretation
10:10AM – 10:50AM – National Archives: 19th Century Irish Convict Records
11:00AM – 11:40AM – Using atDNA to Connect Cousins & Break Through Brick Walls
11:50AM – 12:20PM – School Records
12:30PM – 1:00PM – Irish Genealogy Resources
1:10PM – 1:50PM – DNA and Researching Surnames
2:00PM – 2:40PM – Census Records
2:50PM – 3:30PM – Landed Gentry: Case Study
3:50PM – 4:20PM – Maps
SPECIAL EVENT: 6:15PM – 9:00PM – Whiskey History, Tasting and Casual Pub Fare, Michael Flannery’s
SUN. 4 SEPT: SPECIAL EVENT
11:00AM – 2:00PM (INTEREST LIST) NENAGH CASTLE & TOWN TOUR, WITH LUNCH
Conference tickets are now on sale with two special offers:
1) EARLY BIRD PRICING: Save up to 15% if purchased before 1 July &
2) EARLY BIRD TICKET & CONSULTATION PACKAGE: New this year purchase both your days’ conference ticket and a preferred rate for 1 HR consultation with Limerick Genealogy (Limerick or general genealogy research).
TICKETS NOW ON SALE (& PAYMENT OPTIONS)
Tickets are available online via the link below through the Evenbrite ticket system. As in prior years PayPal is the secure method presented at time of purchase, however if you do not have a PayPal account, cannot recall your login, you do have an option to bypass the PayPal system. This is how:
1. Once you select the ticket(s) and the “Order Now” button, you will be directed to a page to enter your contact details and a “Check Out with PayPal”.
2. When you have entered your email address, address select “Check out with PayPal”
3. This will move you to a screen that in small font underneath the PayPal sign on will state “Don’t have a PayPal account”. Press this link and this will then grant you the opportunity to pay via credit card direct.
Alternatively you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance, call into Limerick Genealogy at Lisssanalta House, Dooradoyle or contact them via email@example.com